Dr. William Paver
Founder & Director, FCSA
Former Assistant Dean of Graduate Studies & Associate
Director of Admission
The University of Texas at Austin View More
Ph.D. Higher Education, Washington State University
- Assistant Dean of Graduate Studies and Associate Director of Admissions, The University of Texas Austin, where he directed the Graduate and International Admissions Center (GIAC).
- Member of the Board of Directors NAFSA Association of International Educators.
- Member of the Board of Directors, American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO).
- Vice President of International Education, AACRAO. Honorary Member of AACRAO (see citation).
- Received the AACRAO 2008 “Award for Excellence in International Education.”
- Director of the Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE) Project.
- Member of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) Board of Directors.
- Chair of TOEFL Technology Committee, Outreach & Services Committee, and Finance Committee.
- Chair of the Educational Testing Service (ETS) committee on the implementation of computer based testing in the U.S. and Canada.
- Chair of AACRAO Project Joint Russian Federation / U.S. Commission on the Mutual Understanding of Education.
- Member and Chair of NAFSA Admission Section (ADSEC) team.
- Member of the Immigration and Naturalization (INS) committee on the implementation of the student reporting requirements mandated by the U.S. Congress in 1996 (CIPRIS/SEVIS).
- Twice appointed and has served on the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials. The Council established the placement recommendations used nationally to determine how foreign educational credentials are to be evaluated for the purposes of employment and academic placement.
- Member of the Projects in International Education Research (PIER) committee. PIER oversaw the production of books on the educational systems of foreign countries for AACRAO and NAFSA.
- Presenter at numerous conferences including NAFSA, AACRAO, SACRAO, European Association of International Educators (EAIE), The Association for the Advancement of International Education (AAIE), the College Board, and the National Association of Graduate Admissions Professionals (NAGAP).
- Member and Chair of the Open Doors Committee for the Institute of International Education (IIE). Open Doors is the annual publication of census data on foreign students studying in the United States.
- Member of the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Boards Committee for the development of a common application for students applying to public institutions of higher education in Texas. Assisted in the development of the graduate and international applications for the Texas State Common Application.
- Editor, The Handbook on the Placement of Foreign Graduate Students, NAFSA, Washington, D.C., 1990.
- Co-editor, with Dr. Yiping Wang, The People’s Republic of China: Institutional Profiles, PIER, Washington, D.C., 1992
- Editor and Author, Update on the Education System of the Russian Federation, AACRAO, 2008.
- Co-author, with Ravi Kallur, Ph.D. and Robert Watkins, M.A., A Review of Indian Education and The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India with Recommendations.
- AACRAO 2008 “Award for Excellence in International Education”
Mr. Johnny Johnson
Director, FCSA (California Office)
Professor Emeritus & Former Director of International Programs
Monterey Peninsula College View More
M.S. Higher Education, The University of Kentucky
- Professor Emeritus and former Director International Programs, Monterey Peninsula College (1994-2006).
- Counselor, AP Coordinator, U.S. History and World History Teacher, Model UN Coordinator, International School of Aruba (1993-94).
- Teacher and Sociology Instructor, International School of Kuala Lumpur and Inti College, Malaysia (1992-1993).
- Resident Director, American Degree Program, Damansara College, Malaysia (1991-92).
- Director of Student Services, Indiana University / MARA Institute of Technology Cooperative Program, Malaysia (1989-1991).
- Director of Foreign Student Services, Ohio Wesleyan University (1984-89).
- Director of Student Services, College of Allied Health Professions, University of Kentucky Medical Center (1979-84).
- Director of Graduate Admissions, University of Kentucky (1973-1979).
- AACRAO: American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers: Board of Directors; Vice President for International Education; World Education Series Committee; Graduate and Professional Student Admissions Committee.
- NAFSA Association of International Educators: Board of Directors (three terms); Executive Committee; Vice President for Regional Affairs; Chair, Commission on Information Services (COMINFO); Chair, Admissions Section (ADSEC); Chair, Region VI (Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky); Chair, Region VI Section on U.S. Study Abroad (SECUSSA).
- CCCCO: California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office working group on international and global education.
- CCIE: California Colleges for International Education: Board of Directors, Vice President.
- IIE Open Doors Advisory Committee.
- National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Educational Credentials.
- National Liaison Committee of AACRAO, CGS, College Board, IIE and NAFSA.
- TOEFL Technology Committee.
- TOEFL Community Colleges Constituency Committee.
- TOEFL Grants and Awards Committee.
- INS Joint Application Development (JAD) for CIPRIS system (precursor of SEVIS).
- National Symposium on Foreign Educational Systems: Future Directions in Research and Information Management (Chair of Work Group I: Goals and Priorities for Research).
- Milwaukee Symposium: Refining a Methodology for Comparing Foreign and U.S. Credentials.
- Wingspread Colloquium on Re-Entry / Transition.
- Authored and edited more than 20 articles and books on foreign educational systems, international recruitment, admissions, enrollment management, institutional mission statements and student affairs.
- U.S. Government: Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS); Office of International Training, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID); U.S. Information Agency (USIA).
- NAFSA Association of International Educators: Consultant on international admissions and foreign student and scholar services to several U.S. colleges and universities.
- Private Consultant to several U.S.-patterned community colleges in Malaysia.
- Made more than 100 professional presentations at state, regional, national and international conferences, including AACRAO, NAFSA, European Association of International Educators (EAIE), and Association of University Administrators (AUA).
- AACRAO 2011 “Award for Excellence in International Education”
: Function ereg_replace() is deprecated in /home/content/a2pewpnas01_data01/15/3984515/html/wp-content/themes/foreign-credentials/modules/site-grade.php
on line 579
Back to top